When Crochet Magpie revealed her stash over on her blog I thought wow that’s a lot of yarn, that’s a lot of beautiful beautiful yarn! So I decided to have a look at what I have hidden away.
I went and got my blue box, which is my usual storage … but I knew I had a case with some in somewhere … and a bag from Yarndale last year … and the yarn for my BAMCAL blanket … oh and then there’s the stuff in my project bag too. I did not quite realise how much I had until I saw it all together. But it’s so pretty!
This is only after two years of crocheting … I dread to think what it’ll be like in 10 or even 20 years time. I’m gonna need a larger storage box! Want to have a closer look? I know you do! When I delved into those gorgeous yarny bags … Wow!
I still remembered the projects I had in mind for a few of these:
- I’m going to make a jumper with the pack of green yarn in the bottom right, it’s double knit I think … not sure what pattern yet. Any suggestions?
- That beautiful purple skein of yarn in the middle is to become a shawlette
- The huge stack in the top right is for my BAMCAL blanket … but there’s a little too much, so I have ideas of matching cushions, coasters for the bedside table, or covers for the lamps, maybe even a whole bunch of stuffed animals … but shhhhhhh don’t tell A!
- I also have some gorgeous soft blue chunky yarn (at the bottom of the stack at the back) that will be a pair of slippers
- Most of the rest is leftovers from other projects so I’m thinking of doing a ‘scrap’ project … but again I’ve not decided. Better start hunting through Ravelry 🙂
This has spurred me on to complete my current WIPs, so that I can start some more!
What is your stash like? Come on, I’ve bared mine – show me yours 🙂