Good morning! A special extra blog post for you this week as I received a lovely surprise when I got home from work on Thursday – Lindsey from Nightowl Knit & Crochet has nominated me for a Liebster Award! Thank you so much 🙂
But what is a Liebster Award? After a quick internet search I found that a Leibster Award is an award for new bloggers (with less than 200 followers), as a way to get to know each other and introduce you to some fresh and exciting blogs,
Here’s how it works:
- Make a post thanking and linking the person who nominated you.
Include the Liebster Award sticker in the post too.
- Nominate 5 -10 other bloggers who you feel are worthy of this award. Let them know they have been nominated by commenting on one of their posts. You can also nominate the person who nominated you.
- Ensure all of these bloggers have fewer than 200 followers.
- Answer the eleven questions asked to you by the person who nominated you, and make eleven questions of your own for your nominees or you may use the same questions.
- Lastly, COPY these rules in your post.
Here’s who I’m nominating:
- The Naked Dyke
- The Creativity Cauldron
- Buttercup and Bee
- Project(s) in Progress
- Shells and Bobbles
- Simply Vanella
Here are the questions given to me to answer:
- What is your dream vacation? I love camping holidays, but my dream holiday would probably be to go and see the Northern Lights.
- What is your favorite method of creating (knitting, crocheting, weaving, something else)? I love to crochet! But am really enjoying learning how to knit.
- What creative achievement are you most proud of? My BAMCAL blanket of course!
- If you had a superpower, which one would it be? Teleportation! Or flying! Anything that can get me around the country/world quicker than transport.
- What does a perfect day look like to you? Crochet, Friends, Cider, Fun, Board Games and Music … all at once!
- If you could witness any event of the past, present, or future, what would it be? I’d like to go and see my Grandparents as young people and spend some time hanging out with them … they have such great stories 🙂
- How did you get into the blogging world? I’ve read blogs for years and I wanted to join the community and share my work.
- If money wasn’t an issue, where in the world would you live? Canada (I lived there for a few months when I took part in a study abroad program with my university), but there would have to be frequent trips home/holidays for my family and friends.
- What is your favorite show and why? That’s a tough one … I love so many shows and my favourite changes by the week. Currently it’s the Great British Bake Off because I want to eat all the tasty bakes.
- If you could recommend just one place in your country to a tourist, what would it be? There are a lot of beautiful places in England so I’ll narrow it down and choose somewhere in Essex, which is the county I live in … hmmmm … I suppose the most ‘Essex’ place would have to be Lakeside Shopping Centre, but I wouldn’t put a tourist through that. I love camping and activities with my Guides so I’d have to suggest Grangewaters for an exciting activity day that should definitely include kayaking!
- Do you have pets? If so, please post a photo! If not, what pet would you like to have if time, money, allergies didn’t come into play? I have two adorable hamsters – Sweep and Tarzan – and they are the cutest!
Eleven questions for my nominees to answer:
- What’s the origin of your blog name?
- What’s your craft of choice?
- If you could have any craft item in the world (yarn, storage, accessory, etc) what would it be?
- What are your favourite colours to work with?
- What is your favourite way to relax other than crafting?
- If you had a superpower, which one would it be?
- What is the favourite project you have completed?
- Where would your ideal holiday be?
- What TV show would you recommend as a must watch?
- What was your worst crafting disaster?
- Do you have pets? If so, please post a photo! If not, what pet would you like to have if time, money, allergies didn’t come into play?