I finished the Chelsea Football Club bag in time. Yay! I stitched my last stitch at 11am Christmas Eve. I had loads of time to spare.
My plan was to create panels to cover a jute shopping bag, so that it’s plenty strong enough. I made a plain blue base, two stripey sides and then designed a chart for the front and back. These were blocked overnight on Christmas Eve Eve (23rd December), leaving Chirstmas Eve for stitching it up and attaching it to the bag.
And voila! The finished panels were sewn together with a whip stitch and then attached to the bag using sewing thread and a needle 🙂
I am super pleased with the results and my Grandad LOVED it! More so than the bag I made him last year. If only Chelsea were doing better this year.
And, as promised before Christmas, here is the chart I made and used. This one is a little easier to read than the scrap bits of paper I scribbled all over.
Using DK yarn and a 4mm hook this came out at about 34cm by 41cm.
I’ve picked up my circular
shawl blanket again now for some simple hooking to see me into 2016. Happy New Year! See you all in 2016 🙂