Warm Winter Crafting

The first weekend of January was wet, cold, grey and miserable. So what better thing to do than stay in and crochet? Yea, I thought so – there’s nothing better than curling up under a warm blanket with a cup of tea and my crochet.

Friday Find (9th October 2015) - Birthday Craft Kits Review www.yarnya.co.uk Crochet Hot Water Bottle

My Dad got me a few craft kits for my birthday back in September (You can read about them here). I grabbed the kit for the hot water bottle cover as it’s definitely the season for warmth and got hooking.

There is everything that you would need included in the kit (except for scissors). There’s even a hook and a needle too.

1451820299972

The pattern was super easy to follow and there was even instruction booklets on how to crochet so this would be perfect for someone new to crochet.

Each side uses treble crochet (double crochet to those in the US), some simple shaping at the top and a scallop edging.

1451819948733.jpg

Once the cover is made, there’s even a cute flower to decorate the cover 🙂 I love it.

Warm winter crafting www.yarnya.co.uk

Now I’ll be nice and cosy for the rest of my winter crafting.

Advertisements
About

I'm a self-confessed yarnaholic from Essex, UK. There's a whole world full of yarny goodness out there … remember to bring tea and cake

Tagged with: , , ,
Posted in Finished Project
16 comments on “Warm Winter Crafting
  1. Maggienesium says:

Adorable!!! We just said good-bye to a water bottle we inherited from my wife’s family. Granted it was as old as she is (36) so it was time, just the wrong time because it’s really cold 🙂 As soon as we find a worthy replacement, I’m hooking one of these!

Liked by 1 person

• yarnya says:

Oh wow that hot water bottle lasted a long time 🙂 I have 3 hot water bottles and 2 pouches that can be warmed in the microwave… you can never have too many warming things!

Liked by 1 person

• Maggienesium says:

Too true! I weirdly never had one until I was in my 20’s, but now there is no going back. Microwave pouches kinda freak me out, so I am on the hunt for a really durable hot water bottle – mostly because it’s cold but also because now I want to knit a cozy for it 😀

Liked by 1 person

• yarnya says:

Haha knit a cosy for everything – The problem is when I see another cosy pattern I like I just get another new bottle to make one for! Microwave pouches are great for that little kick of warmth when I’m too rough to use the kettle (too many burnt fingers from trying)

Liked by 1 person

• Maggienesium says:

That makes sense to me – you can never have enough water bottle. And really, even if you could, cozies still get dirty and it’s always good to have a spare… Which is the sole reason I don’t take advantage of all the cute cozy patterns for mason jars – I know I wont be able to stop 😀

Liked by 1 person

• yarnya says:

Everything would have a cosy if I had time…. but too many other pretty projects call 🙂

Liked by 1 person

2. Pretty. I’ve never knitted a hot water bottle cover. Goodness know why. I’ll add it to my list I think of things to make for 2016.

Liked by 1 person

3. That’s just so pretty!!!

Liked by 1 person

4. What a great little project, I love the finishing touches of the buttons and flower :)-

Liked by 1 person

5. It is so cold here today at work that I could definitely do with a hot water bottle! What a lovely little project and gift to receive.

Liked by 1 person